One week from today
1. I will be sending my kids off to school....after packing lunches, making sure uniforms and hair look just perfect, zipping up backpacks and coats, kissing their little foreheads (before we get to school because it would be embarrassing to do it in front of friends), waving good-bye from the parking-lot
2. Throwing in a load of laundry to make sure everyone has clean uniforms for school the next day and for gymnastics.
3. Making sure the dishes are out of the sink since we are having a small ant problem right now...gotta love Midwestern springtime.
4. Vacuuming dog hair from the carpet like I do every morning....downside of have a Great Pyrenees is a LOT of white hair EVERYWHERE.
5. Oh, yeah, and then heading off to surgery.
All in a day's work for a mom, right?
I cannot believe that it is just one week away. One week. I started this journey a year ago. It was one of those things that I though was never really going to come true. And here it is! Emotions run high, expectations are through the roof, sleep is low, and hunger: well, after 8 days on protein shakes you really start to learn when your body is hungry and when it's not because it's not like they are the best things in the world to eat. I have so many thoughts right now I don't know how to get them all out....so I will ruminate over them most of today and perhaps you will be treated to a second post by me! Until then.....Have a great Monday!