Monday, April 9, 2012

And so it begins.....

 

I might have had a panic attack small melt down last night when it really started to sink in that I am starting my pre-op diet this morning.  It might have kept me up until past midnight, which was just silly on my part because I KNEW my girl (who don't have school today) would be up by 6:30ish and that would leave a not so happy Momma.  I was able to pacify them with TV and waffles and then crawl back into bed until about 8...at which point I knew I needed to get up and start my day.

Taking a tip from one of the receptionists at the Dr's office, I decided to make my first shake more of a smoothie and add Black Cherry Greek Yogurt to the Chocolate Mix and skim milk.  The results?  Well...it's still sitting next to me and I will admit I have not tried it yet....but I will....hold on a second...

Hmmm....it's actually not too bad....very thick...very thick...I could see how 4-5 of these a day could fill you up...plus..bonus...I read the paperwork again today and it recommends that you can freeze one for about 6 hours and it makes it like ice cream!  Wooohooo!  Ice Cream!  A few more sips.....yup....I can do this....right?   It's certainly a HUGE change....HUGE change....but it's what I have been working for for such a long time....and I am ready to get there!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the pre-op diet. you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck -- my "band-day" is April 18th! I'm in liquid-diet mode as well...think I've eaten a vat of jello thus far & a pot of broth besides the protein drinks...but all for a wonderful good-for-me cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! Yesterday SUCKED! But today is a new day, the sun is shinning...and I just have to keep moving on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pre-op diet is hard, hard. Even with keeping my eye on the prize I tended to wander a bit. My advice is to incorporate as much variety as you can!! Keeps you from getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up. I am on day 3 and it is the weekend so going to try to stay VERY busy and not go out much because then we might have to eat out which we (I) can't do. I like the idea of the frozen protein shake. Gonna try it to have something solid. Thanks for sharing on your blog. It helps to connect to other people going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete