Thursday, August 1, 2013

Loving my Liquids!

So, I am back to the liquid diet phase because I was just filled and the doctor's office has a pretty strict 7 day program after a fill.

Umm...liquid diet kinda sucks.

Not only am I hungry....and I mean I could eat my arm off hungry, I am having some not so pleasant side effects with the fill/liquids.  I am having to relearn the tricks from when I was first banded; drinking slow, stopping before I feel full, spacing my intake.  Because I have quickly learned what happens when I don't.  And when one is at work, has 14 appointments in 7 hours, it's pretty tricky to schedule in emergency bathroom breaks.

But, the upside, I got on the scale today and 5 pounds down already!  Now that's motivation!  Today I can add soft foods; I have a container of cottage cheese that I am dying to dive into, as well as some "tuna in a packet" to take to work in case I get hungry between meals.

What's your go-to soft phase food?  I am looking for some new ideas!

4 comments:

  1. chicken salad, tuna salad, meatballs with a little sauce (turkey or regular), veggie burger no bun, or take your favorite chunky soup and drain the liquid and mash a little. good luck....you got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a lot of chicken/tuna salad this weekend! Here's to trying some more stable foods this week!

      Delete
  2. Do you have a trader joes near by? I just bought the gazpacho (I saw it on someone else's blog) and its really good. Buuuuuuut, protein is what will keep you from feeling super hungry. So you could always mix some protein powder with Greek yogurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a TJ! I will have to stop by this week....

      Delete