Friday, August 9, 2013

Missing a dear friend...

(Sigh)

I miss my friend, DC.  We used to hang out EVERY DAY.  Sometimes more than one a day.

When I got my band filled last week, DC took off.  Some supportive friend, huh?

I get it, though.  DC thought she would not be helpful for me anymore and might actually hinder my progress.  I had explained my relationship with DC to my surgeon, and even he suggested DC and I part ways.

I know I am going through withdrawal.  When you are SO close to someone and then *POOF* they are gone, it leaves a hole.

I drive by places we used to hang out and am sad.  I think about how involved DC was with my whole family and I am sad.  And to think DC is pretty much gone forever...that makes me sad.

So, here's my ode to you, DC.

You were loved
You were needed
You were there

RIP, Diet Coke.  See you on the flip side...

3 comments:

  1. Trust me: you won't miss it.
    I don't think I even had a soda for 2 years after I was banded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet Pepsi and Asprin pretty much got me through life until I got my band. Now I only allow myself a few sips here and there of pop and I can't lie I feel pretty great for it! You can do it!! (But trust me, I know how bad it sucks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete