Wednesday, October 10, 2012

and so it went...

I did it.

I went.

They looked.

I think I looked at them more.

And guess what, I wasn't as bad as I had built it up in my head!  But you all already knew that.

I selected an elliptical/cross trainer as planned, picking one on the outside rather than being swallowed by the masses in the long line.  I hit my stride at about 4 minutes, getting down with my bad self and the playlist that I had carefully selected.  (You know, some Glee, some Michael Buble, The Fray, Howie Day, etc.)

I got to the half hour mark, where I had planned to switch to a treadmill, and I felt so good that I wanted to keep going.  So I did.  And when I started to feel discomfort at the 34 minutes mark, I thought about stopping, but got this whole "You can power through this" and "If it's not hard, you are not working hard enough" mentality.  Where the @#(&@ did that come from?  At 40 minutes, I really couldn't take it anymore, and switched to the treadmill for a 10 minute cool down (of PAIN).

I think I pulled a "groin muscle".  Great job, Megan.  I can take about 25 steps without being in pain.  So I am making those 25 steps count.  There are 27 between my computer and the bedroom.  There are only 8 between my bed and my bathroom. 

But that doesn't mean I am giving myself the day off tomorrow.  I plan on doing arms in the morning with the machines so that I don't already break the habit of going.

Geesh...and I thought people looking at me was going to be the worst thing that happened....

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Just getting in the door is a huge step! I am so glad I found your blog, looks like we are the same age and live in the same area! (Chicago suburbs). My blog is: bandwithme.blogspot.com.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to stretch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Congratulations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on powering through. Don't overdo it and injure yourself. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's NEVER as bad as we thinhk it will be!!! This is huge step in the direction of AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete